January 23, 2022
Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord,
and my servant whom I have chosen:
that ye may know and believe me,
and understand that I am he:
before me there was no God formed,
neither shall there be after me.
Why Do You Go To Church?
Have you ever pondered the question: “Why do I go to church?” You should be able to give a reason for your attendance. Some folks attend because they like to see their friends. Others use church as a reason to “get out of the house.” If you are living for the Lord, attending church ought to be one of the highlights of your week.
- At church, you have the opportunity to worship God alongside other like-minded believers.
- At church, you have the opportunity to hear from God through the teaching and preaching of His word.
- At church, you can put aside the worldly distractions in order to focus on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Are you learning anything when you come to church? If so, are you putting into practice the things that you learn? Every time you leave church, you ought to be more inclined, more inspired to serve God with all your heart in the short time we have in this life. The closer we get to the Lord’s return, the more we need to gather under the authority of God’s word!
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together,
as the manner of some is;
but exhorting one another:
and so much the more,
as ye see the day approaching.
Last Words of David Brainerd
David Brainerd (1718-1747) was a missionary to the American Indians in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. He died of tuberculosis at the age of twenty-nine. Below are the last words written in his diary. His passion for the Lord is magnified in these words.
My soul was this day, at turns, sweetly set on God: I longed to be with him, that I might behold his glory. I felt sweetly disposed to commit all to him, even my dearest friends, my dearest flock, my absent mother, and all my concerns for time and eternity. O that his kingdom might come in the world; that they might all love and glorify him, for what he is in himself; and that the blessed Redeemer might see the travail of his soul, and be satisfied! Oh, come, Lord Jesus, come quickly! Amen.
Memory Verse –
This morning – Psalm 73:24
January emphasis: GOD’S GUIDANCE
Next week (Jan. 30th) – John 16:13
Pastor & Linda E. – Jan. 27th
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY from your church family!
Church News & Notes
- We will have a memorial service for Pat Maurer tonight, beginning at 6:00 pm.
- Devotional booklets, tracts, and missionary letters are available in the lobby. Please utilize these resources as they are free and are made available for your benefit.
- Our church website is a great place to find lots of Bible believing material in both written and audio form. It is designed to help students of God’s word be more effective in living their lives for the Lord Jesus Christ.