January 26, 2020
Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. (Philippians 4:4)
Reading the Bible
The Bible is a single volume made up of 66 books and there just happens to be 66 verses in the Bible that contain the word “read.” If you do not have a plan to read through the Bible, below are some ideas to take you through all 66 books, or 1189 chapters (Genesis – Revelation).
- 1 month plan: 1189 chapters ÷ 30 days = 39.6 chapters per day
- 2 month plan: 1189 chapters ÷ 60 days = 19.8 chapters per day
- 3 month plan: 1189 chapters ÷ 90 days = 13.2 chapters per day
- 4 month plan: 1189 chapters ÷ 120 days = 9.9 chapters per day
- 6 month plan: 1189 chapters ÷ 180 days = 6.6 chapters per day
- 9 month plan: 1189 chapters ÷ 270 days = 4.4 chapters per day
- 12 month plan: 1189 chapters ÷ 365 days = 3.3 chapters per day
Another way to formulate a plan is to take the total number of pages in your Bible and divide that number by the number of days you would like to take to read all the way through. For instance, a Scofield Bible contains 1353 pages. If you divide 1353 pages by 365 days, you end up with 3.7 pages to read each day.
Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. (1 Timothy 4:13)
Memory Verse –
This morning – 1 John 3:8
January emphasis: BEGINNINGS
Next week (February 2nd) – 2 Corinthians 9:7
February emphasis: GIVING
February 9th – Ephesians 5:2
February 16th – Ephesians 5:25
February 23rd – Galatians 1:4
Pastor & Mrs. Linda (January 27th)
We pray the Lord’s blessings as you celebrate your anniversary!
Lord’s Supper Tonight
We will be observing the Lord’s Supper after the preaching in the evening service. All those who are saved and in fellowship with the Lord are welcome to participate.
February Devotion Booklets
The February edition of Call to Glory is available in the lobby for pickup. “These devotionals are meant for those seeking sound teaching on principles that strengthen believers for their daily battles in the world” (from Call to Glory website).
If you are in need of a contribution receipt for your 2019 giving, please see Judy and she can provide you with a printout.