25 Interesting Things About the Book of Books
by Bro. Chip Pardi
1. Because of the hardness of man’s heart the Bible will always be more DIVISIVE than unifying.
2. Much of the Bible would be considered “hate literature” from the world’s perspective.
3. The theme of the Bible is not “peace on earth” or “love your neighbor” or even the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The theme of the Bible is a King and His Kingdom.
4. God has magnified the Bible above his own holy Name (Psalm 138:2)
5. The Bible is the only way a person can gain knowledge of salvation (Romans 10:17; 1 Peter 1:23).
6. The Bible is the only 100% accurate history and science book.
7. The majority of the Bible was written to the Jews, not to western American Gentile Christians. To think otherwise is pretentious and wrong.
8. The Bible has outsold every other book in existence.
9. The Bible was written by people (under inspiration of God) from diverse occupational backgrounds (fishermen, farmers, a tentmaker, a doctor, etc.).
10. The Bible is the most loved and the most hated book ever written.
11. The Bible is only understood correctly when it is “rightly divided.” (2 Tim. 2:15)
12. The Bible is made up of two testaments. Both are brought into being by death and the shedding of blood.
13. The Bible has predicted the destinies of everyone and everything in existence.
14. The Bible is the final authority. God puts even Himself in subjection to it. (John 17:12; John 19:24; John 19:28)
15. The longest chapter in the Bible is ABOUT the Bible (Psalm 119). It describes a man who is completely absorbed, consumed, and in love with the Bible.
16. The Bible is much more literal than most people think.
17. Both the Bible and Jesus Christ are called “the word.” Uppercase when it refers to Jesus Christ, lowercase when it refers to the scripture.
18. Jesus said we needed EVERY WORD of God in order to live.
19. Three warnings are given about adding to and subtracting from the words of God in the Bible. One in the beginning (Deut. 4:2), one in the middle (Prov. 30:5,6), and one at the end (Rev. 22:18,19)
20. There are around 300 different original stories (the prince, the villain, and the maiden; the friend betrayed; the fugitive on the run, etc.,) that are in movies and books, and they can all be found in their basic form in the Bible.
21. The Bible is self-interpreting.
22. There are three levels of understanding to every word, sentence, passage, verse, chapter, and book of the Bible. 1. There is a literal, historical understanding; 2. There is a doctrinal understanding; and 3. There is a spiritual, personal understanding.
23. The greatest barriers to belief in the Bible are traditions of men (Col. 2:8), philosophy (Col. 2:8), and science falsely so called (I Tim. 6:20).
24. Just as there are many false gods, false christs, and false spirits, there are many false Bibles.
25. The B-I-B-L-E, yes that’s the Book for me!